What are the best and safest practices for burning Bite-Lite® Natural Mosquito Repellent Candles?

Bite-Lite® Natural Mosquito Repellent Candles are meant to be burned outdoors.

  • Always keep the wick trimmed before each use. 
  • Always burn the natural mosquito repellent candle long enough for the wax pool to extend close to, or to the edges of the container.  This avoids forming a small well in which the melting wax can drown the wick.   Ideal burn time is no more than 4 hours at a time. 
  • If the wick becomes covered in wax and extinguishes, allow the wax to cool, and then dig out the entire surface of the natural mosquito repellent candle surrounding the wick to re-expose the  wick.
  • On hot days, watch for the wax pool getting too deep. If there is a melted pool more than ½” deep for the entire width of the candle, put the natural mosquito repellent candle out and allow it to cool.
  • Always place your natural mosquito repellent candle on a heat resistant surface and away from combustible materials.
  • Discontinue use when the wax level is about 1/4″ from the bottom of the natural mosquito repellent candle.
  • Be careful handling hot burning candles, and be mindful of hot melted wax.
  • Glass containers are fragile and heat concentrated in one area could cause the glass to break.
  • Votive natural mosquito repellent candles must be burned in a container to allow the pool of melted wax to form and repel.
  • Unused portions of your candles can be discarded normally in the garbage.  

You were not leaving your cart just like that, right?

Enter your details below to save your shopping cart for later. And, who knows, maybe we will even send you a sweet discount code :)